Radical Feminists Unite is a group of women in Toronto who get together on a regular basis to discuss feminism and to hold potlucks and film screenings. The political beliefs that brought us together are the following:
- Under patriarchy, women are oppressed on the basis of our sex and have a right to organize against our oppression without the presence of men.
- We define woman as someone who is born female or born intersex and raised female from birth.
- Sexual inequality is institutionalized in society. Focusing on women’s individual choices within the system misses the point. We prefer class analysis.
- Pornography and prostitution are violence against women. BDSM represents the eroticization of violence against women. We are for the Nordic model that decriminalizes the women in the sex trade and criminalizes pimps and sex buyers.
- Biological sex is innate (male/female/intersex) and gender roles are a social construct. Gender is a hierarchy that reinforces men’s superior status over women. We are critical of the politics of transgenderism.
- We are committed to anti-racism and seek to prioritize the concerns of women of colour.
- We are pro-choice when it comes to abortion and we promote woman-centered reproductive care. [Expanded statement on this position.]
- We are workers who are anti-capitalist. We prioritize the concerns of those disadvantaged in the capitalist system. [Expanded statement on this position.]
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.