Radical Feminists Unite is a Toronto-based radical feminist discussion and activist group. The political beliefs that brought us together are the following:
- Under patriarchy, women are oppressed on the basis of our sex and have a right to organize against our oppression without the presence of men.
- We define woman as someone who is observed or assigned female at birth.
- Sexual inequality is institutionalized in society. Focusing on women’s individual choices within the system misses the point. We prefer class analysis.
- Pornography and prostitution are violence against women. BDSM represents the eroticization of violence against women. We are for the Nordic model that decriminalizes the women in the sex trade and criminalizes pimps and sex buyers.
- Biological sex is innate (male/female, including those with intersex conditions/disorders of sexual development) and gender roles are a social construct. Gender is a hierarchy that reinforces men’s superior status over women. We are critical of gender identity ideology and gender self-identification legislation.
- We support the rights of current and former medical transition patients to informed, safe, and competent healthcare. We oppose transition malpractice and the transitioning of minors.
- We are committed to anti-racism and seek to prioritize the concerns of women of colour.
- We are pro-choice when it comes to abortion and we promote woman-centered reproductive care. [Expanded statement on this position.]
- We are workers who are anti-capitalist. We prioritize the concerns of those disadvantaged in the capitalist system. [Expanded statement on this position.]
Our contact information is provided on our Contact Us page.